Friday, June 30, 2017

Monday, 5 June 2017: Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II


This is my next post on my trip to Milan, Italy. There was so much to do that I wasn't able to blog every night. So I will catch you up starting now.

Monday was my only other free day in Milan. I spent it mostly at the Galleria. Friends from Houston may or may not realize that the Galleria there was based on this historic shopping center. It is a beautiful piece of architecture with many interesting stores and restaurants. I found two shops with men's shirts and ties, and bought a bow-tie from each of them.





I also had a very nice pasta lunch at the Galleria Restaurant & Pizza.


Here is a view of the Duomo Piazza including the Galleria and La Scala Opera House near the upper-left corner.


There is so much to see and do just in this very center of the city!


No comments: