Thursday, October 31, 2019

9 - 10 October 2019 - Charleston to Rome


The beginning of my trip was uneventful.  I picked Joshua up from his vacation at the rental car lot and we proceeded to the airport to begin mine.  My first flight left mid-day on Wednesday, changed to KLM in Atlanta, which landed before dawn in Amsterdam, and one last flight arrived in Rome mid-morning on Thursday.  I took the train in the central Rome, and found some help to take a bus to my lodging - a little B&B called Relais del Fico

Entrance
Foyer
Stairs to my apartment door
Door to my room
My room (photo from the website,
my bed was different)
My bathroom (photo from the website)

The room was small but comfortable.  The location couldn't have been better - walking distance to everything.  Breakfast was across the way at Bar del Fico.  I took a walk to St. Peter's Square and back by Castel Sant'Angelo, and called it a night - the first of six.



No comments: