Saturday, December 08, 2018

Winter Trip Plans


I've always been to the UK in the summer:  July 1980, August 2010, July 2016, June 2017, and August 2018.  It's time I experience London in the winter.  This will include part of Christmastide and my 68th birthday on 7 January.  Of course, I cannot get time off on Christmas Eve or earlier, and I usually cover all the music at Stella Maris during the quiet time after Christmas, but this year it's my turn to take some time off at that time!  I'm leaving in the afternoon on Christmas Day and returning on January 9th.

I'll be staying with my friend, Katarina, and her family in Mottingham.  I find London City Airport much more convenient that either Gatwick or Heathrow, so that's my destination.  I found a cheap flight Charleston to London - actually three flights each way.  On the way over, I have a 12-hour lay-over - in Frankfurt, Germany!  Charleston-Charlotte-Frankfurt-London on the way over.  London-Dublin-Philadelphia-Charleston on the way back.  I've purchased both Euros and Pounds from my bank before the trip.  They should be at my branch Monday.

Meanwhile, I need to have all the worship aids for both English and Latin Masses done through 13 January.  That way, when I get back in the office on 10 January, I don't have to worry about worship aids!  I will have plenty of end-of-year bookkeeping to take care of!




1 comment:

Stephen M. Collins said...

Wow! This is the first time I've made traveling plans at Christmas time for many years! There is so much to do getting ready, especially at work, but it is almost done. I'm looking forward to my first visit to Germany, but even more so to be with my friends in London!