Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Monday, 19 June 2017: Last Day in Manchester


So, my weekend of relaxing with Michael and Raven ended up being totally packed with wonderful experiences! I slept a bit late Monday morning, and then took a few hours in Manchester just chilling. Here are a few photos in the city center:



Sinclair's Oyster Bar from Plaza in front of Selfridge's Department Store, with tower of Manchester Cathedral in the background.
The Old Wellington

When I landed in Manchester back in 2010, Raven showed me around downtown, and we had a drink here a The Old Wellington, probably an Elizabethan building. I decided to have a good lunch there before going back to the Wenner's to start packing.

My flight home was uneventful. I flew Thomas Cook Airlines for the first time. I found them efficient, and the food was good. My only complaint was that the full cabin lighting stayed on the entire flight! There was no way I could sleep.

This trip spanned June 2nd through the 20th, a total of 18 days, including travel days. I didn't think I should take more time, but I think I really need a minimum of three weeks, including four weekends for future trips. Traveling is always an adventure for me - a balance between planning for some things and being ready for just about anything else along the way! This trip definitely lived up to that!


No comments: