Monday, September 11, 2017

Wednesday, 14 June 2017: Hotel in Belgravia


I usually try to stay in university housing being provided as B&B when the students are gone. But school is still in session during the month of June, so I found an inexpensive hotel in Belgravia. This is a very up-scale area, and very convenient to everything in London. My hotel was only two blocks from Victoria Station, and just around the corner from Victoria Coach Station.


My room in the red circle. 70 steps - no elevator!
My room - very small, living out of my suitcase, computer on my bed, but still very convenient.

My view, directly across the street.

Another view with the National Accounting Office in the background.

The NAO, a local icon. Immediately behind this building are the tracks coming from Victoria Station.

I really cannot complain about my stay. The staff were very helpful, and the location was incredibly convenient. But, the next trip when I cannot stay in university B&B, I will go for a bit more expensive. I also learned a lesson: I really cannot do all I want to in London over a 5-night stay. I need a minimum of a week!



No comments: