Saturday, July 16, 2016

Travel Log - Day 12


Today was the day for the London Eye. I purchased a ticket online for 1:30-2:00 for a better price and less waiting time than just purchasing at the time of arrival.

On the way down to the Thames, I tried to get to the Changing of the Guards. I got there after the bands had both entered Buckingham Palace's gates, so I waited for them to come back out after the changing inside the palace grounds.



N.B. Almost half of the mounted band below are women!


(You can find a video of the first guards band retiring on my FaceBook page - it's too big to post here.)

On the way to the London Eye, I past Westminster:



Photos of and from the Eye:








I was going to attend the practice at St. James, Garlickhythe, but when I arrived they were attempting a peal (5,000+ changes), so I didn't want to disturb them. When the were successful, I went up to congratulate them. I rang the tenor down in peal with them so that I could the visit to the tower a "grab" officially. Then we went to the pub, of course, and pretty much closed them down at 11:00PM.


Here is a great video about the bells, first for the Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth, and then the bells' installation in the church.

No comments: