Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Travel Log - Day 8


A quiet Sunday after a busy week.

I attended the Latin Low Mass at St. James Spanish Place. They were going to have a High Mass later, but the new rite, so I opted for the Low Mass. I chatted with some nice people at the coffee hour afterwards, including the Celebrant, Fr. Cullinan, who had given a presentation at Sacra Liturgia UK on Friday. Then I went over to the Oratory for the last part of their High Mass.

Later in the afternoon, I took a train from Waterloo Station out to Kingston upon Thames to ring at All Saints Church for their evening service. There were a few ringers there that I had met and rung with before, including Andrew Bolton, who remembered me from the Universities Association ringing tour of 1980! He has sent me an email for contact with the UA for future reference. Maybe some year I will go on that ringing tour again.

No comments: