Sunday, July 17, 2016

Travel Log - Day 13


I had a late breakfast with my new friend, MariaElena Candilio, at a very old Italian restaurant in Soho, near her father's bespoke tailoring shop that she now manages since his death about a year ago. We met at the Low Mass at St. James Spanish Place last Sunday. We had a very nice time and I saw her shop and the products they produce.

Then I took a nice walk in Regent's Park:












I also caught this video of a magpie:


He seemed to be hiding goodies for later in the dried grass. There may be a nest hiding somewhere near there as well.

And also a nice babbling waterfall:


Beverly Faber is an American bell ringer who lives part of the year in London. She and I were going to have "tea" at "The Dolly's" in the basement of Selfridges. But the live was longer than they had tables for, so we had a snack at "Hary Gordon's Bar & Kitchen":



There are no bell towers with practices either Friday evening or Saturday. I plan to meet my FaceBook friend tomorrw. We were going to see "Tristan und Isolde" on July 2nd, but I didn't make it to London in time!

No comments: