Thursday, July 07, 2016

Travel Log - Day 4


Another really nice day in London!  Interesting talks in the morning, but the afternoon included a talk about music in priestly formation at the seminaries by my friend, Jenny (Dr. Jennifer) Donelson. Then there was a panel discussion on sacred music in general, with some emphasis on how to sing the Propers instead of hymnody. I posited from the audience (an American on British soil) that everyone should consider adding Anglican Chant to there repertoire of Psalm singing options.

The closing Liturgy of the day was Pontifical OF Mass (new rite) with Cardinal Sarah. Here are a couple of the published photos that include me - barely!



You can see all the photos here.

Then I had dinner with Mary Jane and Elizabeth again - this time just up Knightsbridge Street from the Oratory at "Bunch of Grapes" pub.


As Scarlet said, "tomorrow is another day." And with that, I'm "Gone with the Wind"!


No comments: